Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Under 2000 Ratings on GR


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Top Ten Books Enjoyed ~~

~~ With Under 2000 Ratings ~~

~~ On Goodreads ~~



This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is, as stated above, my pick of the Top Ten books I've enjoyed with less than 2000 ratings on Goodreads.  I don't know what else to say about this topic, although I am also under the impression that the longer a book has been published, the more ratings it will accumulate over time.  Many books I've enjoyed have been quite recent releases, and I'm not sure if they should count... but, I'm just going to wing this one and list ten books from my own Goodreads 'Read' shelf that have less than 2000 ratings attached to them.

To figure out these books, you would go to Goodreads and click on your 'Read' shelf, then sort the books by # of ratings to find out how many user ratings each book has.

Simple, right?

Right... Upon making my list, I realized just how many books I've read with less than 2000 user ratings on Goodreads that I actually enjoyed.  And that list was NOT easy to break down and choose just ten.  But I managed somehow.

Basically, I just chose representative books of certain authors I love as well as some random picks.



The above books are all representative books of series that I enjoyed from authors I love.  There were more than one book from each of those series listed as having less than 2000 GR user ratings.  And so it wasn't easy to pick which books I wanted to include.  But it looks like the books are all mainly in the Romantic Suspense or Contemporary Romance genres.



These last three books are the few young adult books on my 'Read' shelf with less than 2000 GR user ratings.  One of the books, I'm actually quite surprised about, but it DOES have the highest number of ratings on this list of all the books I've listed.

***

I wanted to include one last book, which is technically marketed as a novella, but is long enough to be a full length novel in it's own right.


This book is the most recent and possible last of the I-Team books written by Pamela and it brings together all of our favorite couples in an action-packed novella that is both cohesive, enjoyable, and NOT awkwardly thrown together.  I absolutely loved it!

Three other Honorable Mentions I have are 2016 releases that have not quite been released to the public long enough to accumulate a fair amount of user ratings.  So I'm not sure whether or not they count, but here they are anyway.




-- Honorable Mentions --




If I kept listing, this list would go on for a long, long time.  So we'll stop here, okay?  I'm pretty sure I've left out a lot of other books I would have loved to have added to this list.  Because lists are pretty awesome.  :D



2 comments:

  1. Great choices! I need to check these books out! Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This list was in danger of going on forever though. lol

      Delete