Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- May 2016


May was a great month!  The best month so far this year for my reading life!  And also a great month for discovering new series, and a great month for reading some already beloved authors.  It was very much an overall great month, even despite some of the few more disappointing reads.  Because even with some disappointing reads, there were many more very enjoyable books.

May was a great reading month!  :D


May Reads



Books Dropped/Put On Hold


None this month!  Yay!


Currently Reading

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Second Sight by Amanda Quick


May Reading Stats

Total works read:  18
  • 14 full length novels
  • 3 novellas
  • 1 short story

Average rating:  3.39 Stars
  • Highest Rated:  Written In Red by Anne Bishope // 4.5 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  Prince Joe by Suzanne Brockmann // 1.5 Stars

Series I started reading:
  • The Others by Anne Bishop
  • Tall, Dark & Dangerous by Suzanne Brockmann
  • Colorado High Country by Pamela Clare
  • A Witchcraft Mystery by Juliet Blackwell
  • Starbound by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Series I completed:
  • Heather Wells by Meg Cabot
Series I have made progress on:
  • Harmony/Ghost Hunter series by Jayne Castle
  • Lucky Harbor by Jill Shalvis

Favorite reads:  Written in Red was immensely enjoyable and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  Barely Breathing is Pamela Clare's newest book and I just adore Pamela Clare, so this one was definitely a favorite this month--again, I look forward to seeing new installments.  And while Jayne Castle and Amanda Quick's books weren't all that perfect, they were immensely enjoyable!

Disappointing reads:  Really, the biggest disappointment was the one book that got a very, very low rating: Prince Joe.  It really just was NOT what I'd been expecting.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts


Coming Up In June

Tentative TBR



Other Stuff

With June comes a nice vacation time that I am immensely looking forward to.  And while half of that vacation time will be spent running around with the family, the rest of it is ALL MINE to do as I wish!  And what I wish is to read.  And read.  And READ!  I've got a pretty big list of books I'm hoping to finish in June.  But, just as well, I've also got some non-bookish activities I need to take care of.

So... while I've got a big reading list going, I'm not entirely sure I'll get to all the books on that list.  Or maybe I will.  It's hard to say.  It's so hard to keep myself in control when I go to the library.  And for my birthday, I am also going to be taking my happy ass to the bookstore for a gift to myself.  And it will be hard not to want to buy ALL THE BOOKS!  Much like it'll be hard for me to try not to check out ALL THE BOOKS when I go to the library...


2016 Wrap-Ups 

See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- January 2016
Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- February 2016
Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- March 2016
Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- April 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment