Friday, April 1, 2016

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- March 2016

I probably got distracted in March or something.  I hadn't expected the number of books I would read to be lower than my average norm and it's a little disheartening.  Then again, I had myself a little sidetracked by some projects: setting up a separate, main book blog; learning html and css, other stuff...

I also came across a book that wasn't really going anywhere and I'm thinking that it distracted me as well.  I had hopes since the beginning of the month started out pretty swell--I finished all of my Reading Assignment books in good time and thought I'd be able to move onto more books.  Instead, I got stuck with one or two slow-going books and now I'm just stuck.

Crossing my fingers for less of a stuck feeling in April.


March Reads

 
 

Behind the Red Doors -- anthology (Thompson, Bond, Kelly)
A Thousand Nights by E.K. Johnston
A Vision of Fire by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin
Rebel by Amy Tintera
Transparent by Natalie Whipple
The Carriage House by Carla Neggers
The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa
Taking Fire by Cindy Gerard
The Edge of Night by Jill Sorenson
Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George

Books Dropped/Put On Hold

None this month, but we got close...


Currently Reading

The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn


March Reading Stats

Total works read:  10
  • 10 full length novels
  • 1 anthology
Not a good reading month, and I think I barely beat out February by slipping in an intriguing romantic suspense at the last moment. Silver in the Blood didn't seem to be going anywhere and so I figured that I would give it until I have to turn the darn thing back into the library to determine whether or not I'm going to finish it.  Fortunately, it seems like things kind of worked out, even if it took forever to get there.


Average rating:  3.23 Stars
  • Highest Rated:   Taking Fire by Cindy Gerard // 4.5 Stars
  • Lowest Rated:  3 books // 2.5 Stars
    • (1) Transparent by Natalie Whipple
    • (2) The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa
    • (3) Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George

Series I started reading:
  • Earthend Saga by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin
  • Transparent by Natalie Whipple
  • Carriage House by Carla Neggers
  • Silver in the Blood by Jessica Day George
Series I completed:
  • Rebel by Amy Tintera
Series I have made progress on:
  • One-Eyed Jacks by Cindy Gerard
  • Haruhi Suzumiya by Nagaru Tanigawa

Favorite reads: As always, Cindy Gerard is my hero. Even though Running Blind was a bit of a disappointment the previous month, Taking Fire was quite exciting and un-put-down-able. Also packed quite the emotional punch at all the right moments. Rebel was also a great read as well.

Disappointing reads: The biggest disappointment would have to be Behind the Red Doors, a romance anthology I'd been quite interested in for some time now. For the caliber of writing these authors exhibit, the stories presented were frustrating at best and eye-roll-worthy at worst. I'm counting on the rest of the series to be a bit better with the hopes that maybe being a somewhat dated and old-time-y romance format is what made Behind the Red Doors not work for me... even though 2003 is probably not THAT dated.


Reviews & Notable Posts

Reviews Written


Memes


Other Posts



Coming Up In April

Tentative TBR



Other Stuff

I suppose I'll just cross my fingers and hope that April is a better reading month for me.  For one, my best friend IRL and I will be attempting to restart our little buddy reads and we've already chosen a book (more on that later).  Secondly, I'm very tempted to make the next few months a great big MOOD READ for mainly my own most favorite comfort genre, romantic suspense, with the exception of a few YA books here and there.

Although I am also planning on reading the rest of the Lady Julia Grey books if I end up liking Silent in the Grave. But mostly, I kind of want to just pick up any and all romantic suspense books currently on my shelves when I need a new book to read.

And then there's THE RAVEN KING!!!!



Previous Wrap Ups 

See Also: 2015 Reading Wrap-Up posts (scroll to bottom of page)

Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- January 2016
Monthly Reading Wrap Up -- February 2016


No comments:

Post a Comment