Thursday, April 28, 2016

Cover Crush: Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson


Cover Crush is a feature originally thought up by Erin at Flashlight Commentary.  Every Thursday, she publishes a post featuring a book jacket/book cover that she really likes with a short commentary about it.  I discovered this weekly feature via It's a Mad Mad World  and decided to join in the fun!

Judge a book by it's cover?  Absolutely!

***





This book has been hovering in my sidebars for almost every bookish (or other) website I've been browsing the past week.  It's not like I haven't seen the cover before--and I DO like it a lot.  It's very eye-catching!

But I guess while I've been doing a deliberate search through my Goodreads shelves to find a suitable cover crush, this one just kind of popped right up.  I found my eyes straying towards it every time it showed in an ad or a recommended read or something on the side, as a smaller thumbnail.

And I thought to myself, "This is most certainly a book I would have picked up based on the cover art alone." Well, actually my first thought had been, "Hmm... pretty."  The former thought is a bit more refined for blogging purposes.

Anyway, being that it is also a book written by Brandon Sanderson is also a big check in the plus column.  This only means that I should probably be picking up this book sometime soon for all of the above reasons.

Again, it's a very eye-catching cover.  I'd actually like to see the entire illustration, sans author name and book title, because that stuff just seems to be in the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment