Sunday, April 3, 2016

Short Story, Brief Thoughts: The Little Android

The Little Android -- Marissa Meyer

Short Story of Lunar Chronicles series

Goodreads ~

Rating:  4.5 Stars


Online Free Read @ Wattpad // Now Part of the Stars Above collection
**Based on The Little Mermaid.  This short is part of the Lunar Chronicles universe, but can be read as a standalone story.


Bittersweet and angsty and quite heartfelt.

The Little Android is based on The Little Mermaid with Marissa Meyer's own twist to it. I tend to get a bit impatient with novellas, but this one had captured my full attention, which doesn't often happen unless I'm a hundred percent in love with the series' world and characters. While the Lunar Chronicles series is a creative and excellently developed one, I can't say I'm fully in love with the entire series so far even if I DO really, really like it.

This novella was definitely a lovely retelling and got some of my heartstrings tugged in the right directions.

Thoughts: Definitely my favorite novella of this series, and possibly one of my more favorite novellas ever read.



This review was originally posted at Ani's Book Abyss / BookLikes in February 2015.



No comments:

Post a Comment