Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books For Romance Lovers


Top Ten Tuesday is an original and weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


~~ Ten Books For ~~

~~ Readers Who Enjoy Romance ~~


This week for Top Ten Tuesday, the topic is another semi choose your own topic, as shown above.

Far be it for me to suggest what others should read, instead I'd just like to recommend some of my personal favorites I think many romance readers might like.

My topic title might be a bit misleading, because I'm technically listing books that have a love story or a romance that I personally loved, or found to be lovely.

After spending the past three years reading mainly romantic suspense with a sprinkling of contemporary romances here and there, I feel like I at least have a somewhat good grasp of what some good ones are.  And having recently shuffled into the historical romance genre, I've got one or two to recommend as well.  So you would think I'd recommend mostly books in the category romance area.

So be advised, the books on this list are simply books that have a love story that I personally found lovely or sweet or cutesy or amazing or all of the above, and I don't expect others will feel the same way.  Some of these books are also not necessarily part of the main romance genre either.



by Cindy Gerard
Whisper No Lies (Black Ops, Inc., #3)
Killing Time (One-Eyed Jacks, #1)

No romance list is complete without me mentioning at least one (or three) Cindy Gerard romantic suspense.  As I've stated before, Cindy has this way of presenting wonderful characters that live out their love story, even if the stories aren't really all that unique.  Above are two of my favorites of hers, but I definitely recommend any of her Bodyguard, BOI, or One-Eyed Jacks books.

I would also specifically like to give an extra honorable shout out to The Way Home and Taking Fire, the second and the fourth books, respectively, of the One-Eyed Jacks series.


Love Irresistibly (FBI/U.S. Attorney, #4) by Julie James

In fact, I recommend all of the Julie James contemporary romances to anyone who is interested in a workplace romance with mature, witty adult couples.  Her books are light and fun and sexy and can really get your romantic soul giddy with all the cute, sweet antics of her characters.  Love Irresistibly is my favorite of her books, but I give an additional shout out to Practice Makes Perfect as well.



I have a hard time choosing which of the romances in Pamela's I-Team romantic suspense series is my ultimate favorite because I have several.  But her most recent installation brings together all of our favorite couples into one novel length novella with all the same sweet couples and action-packed suspense we all love her for.  I definitely recommend this book for I-Team and Pamela Clare fans, and I highly recommend the entire I-Team series to romantic suspense lovers.


Head Over Heels (Lucky Harbor, #3) by Jill Shalvis

I have not read all of the Lucky Harbor books yet, but from what I've already read, I really love.  Head Over Heels is my favorite of the series so far, with Chloe and Sawyer making up wonderfully sweet and adorable and sexy couple together.


The Elemental Trilogy by Sherry Thomas

This trilogy is a young adult fantasy first, but a romance underneath it all.  Titus and Iolanthe have been one of my most favorite romantic couples since I started reading young adult books a few years back.  This is an epic romance that still makes me all warm and tingly inside just thinking about them.


Butterfly Swords (Tang Dynasy, #1) by Jeannie Lin

So I'm not saying that this is the best of historical romances or the best of Jeannie Lin, but since it is the ONLY Jeannie Lin book I've read so far, I decided to include it if only because I really DID like it a lot.  Being new to the historical romance genre, I decided that this book is really not a bad place to start if you ARE interested in historical romance and want something a little different than the norm.


High School Debut manga by Kazune Kawahara

Yes, this is a 10+ volume long manga, but it is still a story and it still includes a cute and sweet romance that had been one of my favorites during those years I was obsessed with shoujo manga.  If you're interested in a fun story with a less-than-standard female main character and a cutesy romance, and you're interested in diving into manga, I definitely recommend this one.


-- Honorable Mentions --


Fairest by Gail Carson Levine

The romance depicted between Aza and Ijori isn't the main part of the story, but I still thought it was one of the cutest I've encountered in a middle grade to young adult book.


Walker Brothers duology by Leslie Kelly

These two books were just all sorts of the fun and both sets of couples are super sweet and adorable.


by Paige Tyler

I just liked these two books.  And I also like the other two books I've read in the series.  That is all.


Steele Street books by Tara Janzen

I have only read the first six books in this series.  The romances are NOT the most romantic, but the books are absurdly fun to read.


Beast Master by Kyousuke Motomi

Since I already mentioned on manga series, why not another one.  The young romance in this manga is a lot crazier and stranger than the cover illustrations suggest, is all I can say.  And weirdly adorable as well.


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE romance and the only one I've read on here is Jill Shalvis'! I'm going to have to check them out!

    My TTT: http://www.anovelglimpse.com/2016/04/12/top-ten-tuesday-twenty-books-every-reader-new-to-the-new-adult-genre-should-read/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Julie James if you like Jill Shalvis!

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete